Are you thinking about starting a healthy lifestyle, giving up on fatty food and eating clean? We know it’s not easy, especially if you are a pizza lover like us. So today we are introducing you to this whole wheat healthy pizza recipe so that you can ease yourself gently into the healthy lifestyle.
The dough is packed with fiber and full of vitamins and minerals from the whole wheat flour although you won’t notice the change in the taste at all.
Unlike traditional pizza dough recipes, this doesn’t require a very long time for the dough to raise. This recipe only calls for 1 hour raise so you can prepare the dough and bake your pizza on the same day. Let’s go and try out our healthy pizza recipe!
What we listen to:
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/playlists/83304360″ params=”auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true” width=”100%” height=’450′ iframe=”true” /]
Preparation Time: 1 and a half hour
What we need:
1.5 teaspoon dry yeast
1 teaspoon white sugar or honey if you prefer
1+1/2 cups lukewarm water (room temperature)
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons salt
¼ cup whole wheat flour
3 and ½ cups bread flour (all-purpose flour is ok)
How we do it – Step by step
1. Dissolve sugar (or honey) to the water then stir the dry yeast in. Rest for 10 minutes for the yeast to proof and fluffy. While waiting, mix olive oil, whole wheat flour and salt in a large mixing bowl before sieve in the bread flour. Pour in the yeast mixture and mix everything well.
2. Once the dough comes together, dust your working surface with some flour and starting kneading with your hands. If you are lazy, like me, you can also use a stand mixer. It should take around 8-10 minutes kneading until the dough is smooth and elastic.
3. Put the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, covered with damp towel. I like putting mine in an oven (make sure that it’s not on). After 1 hour, or 45 minutes depending on how hot the weather is, the dough will double its size and it is now ready to be shaped. Preheat your oven at 220 degrees C.
4. Shape the dough as you wish. You can go for the classic circle using rolling pin, or you can make your own rectangular pizza like Pala Pizza’s. After that, brush on some sauce, add toppings and cheese. Bake it in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until the crust is golden.
5. All done! Your whole wheat pizza is ready to be instragramed and enjoyed.
The leftover dough can be kept in freezer for up to 1 week. Make sure you cover it with cling wrap. If you tried this healthy pizza recipe yourself, please share your results with us!
You can easily customize your own ingredients. If you’re looking for pizza ingredient inspirations, check out foodpanda’s list of restaurants delivering pizzas. Happy baking!
Guest Editor: Nana Manaphongphan